The Bucket List Movie

Saturday, April 19, 2014




I've been told that this one is a must-see movie. But for some reason I've hesitated countless times to watch it. I knew what it was about but I couldn't get myself to watch it until yesterday. I knew I wanted my mama to see it. But I never pushed her into watching the movie because I didn't know how it would affect her.

Yesterday, I took the guts to watch it. And thoughts came back. Now I remember why I didn't wanna watch it. For one, it was about dying, second it involved cancer and third, I knew they were dying. I remember my mama as if it was only yesterday. But then again, who could ever get used to losing a loved one.

I laughed, I cried and I loved the movie so much. I wished my mama had seen it. For me, what was important was perhaps the ultimate acceptance of dying and how we face each trials. I've learned yesterday to change my perception of dying. One way of thinking about it is that perhaps mama didn't deserve the rotten body that she had for her perfect soul. And that probably to encourage the soul to look into the light and never to come back. But then again, it is always easier said than done.

Again it was truly a must-see movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment