Stationaries, Pens and Papers...

Friday, July 1, 2016

For those born in the early part of the 80's, don't you miss stationaries? First off, have you ever tried collecting them? I remembered me and my sister collecting different paper products. There were cartoony ones and there were floral ones. We'd barter all sorts of stationaries, with all sorts of sizes depending on the designs. We used to have a box full of stationaries. My Ama used to sell them, my mother used to sell them as well along with Parker pens which I secretely take when she's not around. I used to send notes to my classmates using colorful paper products. Now I wonder where all those are. Maybe it's time to open up Ama's boxes again, hmmmm...

I see a lot of paper products these days, with different designs and with different gsms, acid free or non-acid free. I didn't really care much of those during those days, it was all in the design. But with the advent of watercolors, calligraphy, fountain pens and all other colorful pens and papers, one is very much critical on where each type is used. Although I'm not complaining since I'm a hoarder of all of the above, I just miss the simplicity of writing a simple letter to a friend or a loved one. I miss the exchanges of notes whether it be a one-page letter or a 5-paged letter.

Let me also include the advent of stamps which can easily make a plain paper into a well designed paper product. Ahhh... You should see the transformation... A sight for sore eye. 

What other paper products have you tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment