My Love for Calligraphy

Monday, December 22, 2014

I've always loved writing, reading and doing posts such as this. I've always felt comfortable inside a bookstore or a school supplies store. Given the chance to choose clothes over school/office supplies, I would take the latter. It was only during the past few weeks that my love for calligraphy has started to surface. I've had fountain pens since I was in medical school but everytime I use it, I felt that it was for something else. So imagine my relief when I finally realized where I could use it. Hubby kept telling me that I have way too much pens :)

During one of our trip to Manila, I just had to add more pens. So I hoarded fountain pens at Scribe Eastwood Mall. Plus I bought a few other items, like my embosser.


Love them...

I have seen some works that I love and hope to be like them someday. Here are just a sample of their posts. I love their work.

Ella_lama

Scribblingeyemd

thefozzybook

oceanchelle

the_md_writes

I also bought my first nib, with holder and ink from iam_artisan. You can check out her store at the Yellow Hauz. If she's around, she can help you out too.


This was my first try with the nib. It takes a lot of getting used to.

This one I wrote for my mama. I intentionally blurred what I wrote.

So there you have it. Just wanted to share with you guys what I'm into right now. I still have a long way to go to perfect my calligraphy but practice makes perfect right. And I love it everytime I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment