Doctor's Advise

Monday, October 30, 2017

The thing with people is that we always try to find the easy way, or that we try to get everything for free even though we know we're capable or paying for it. 

I don't mind conversing with friends and being asked about certain diseases and medications. Those are just friendly conversations. In my many years of working (please don't make me mention my age), I have crossed paths with certain kinds of people. And it is in these many years that I've honed my skill of detection. I can sense a question when it is trying to squeeze something different from me. And then an alarm turns on inside me. Face starts to heat up, everything inside me starts to buckle up. If I am trying to be cynical, I would say, "Google not helping much?" But I try to be nice and so I say, "Let them come and have the doctor try to look at it and tell you what it is." 


Red Stethoscope with Red Waterman Fountain Pen

Although we took an oath to never do harm and help sick people, this doesn't mean that you can abuse our kindness... or our intellect, whatever the factors may be. We will try to be as courteous and as helpful as we could but please do not abuse us. We know your kind. We also know the kind of people who grabs every opportunity, not minding other people who might get hurt.

My advise is, "If you're not feeling well, come and see a doctor yourself. We would like to see you up  close and personal and examine you. We would be very happy to help you in your ailments. If you did not get well, come and see us again. We would like to know what happened. Don't go shopping for doctors. We are not mere commodities you find in the supermarket. Tell us everything and we would be happy to be your friend."


No comments:

Post a Comment