Pruning Herbs

Sunday, May 13, 2018

I think if you want to grow herbs, you have to be prepared to really care for them. They are very sensitive and require your attention. One of which is to prune them properly if your’re using them in teas or in cooking. If not, it is still important to prune them from time to time. It will be very beneficial to do so as they will produce more leaves and grow better when pruned.

Here is a peppermint.  This is my sister’s herb. She wasn’t able to use them as she is still breastfeeding my nephew. I’ve read that peppermint may decrease breastmilk supply so she allowed me to harvest this plant for my teas and for planting more peppermints.

As you can see, the stems are very long, some of the leaves have dried out.







Here it is after pruning. I’ve also added more soil with a bit of compost to rejuvenate this plant. The extra stems were not wasted, I planted them on another pot. Eventually, this herb will yield more leaves.













No comments:

Post a Comment