BabyWearing Event Goes to Davao with Cloth Diapering 101

Sunday, May 27, 2012

I decided to bump off my scheduled post to give way for this. I can't wait to tell you what happened yesterday. I finally get to attend the babywearing event held at The Pod. I decided to join simply because I like wearing Marco with me. Aside from the fact he's getting heavier each day, it's the most convenient way to keep him close to me.

I brought his 2 yayas. (1 yaya is complaining of swelling of right deltoid muscle due to persistent carrying, hence the 2 yayas. yeah that's how heavy he is.) 1 yaya has been babywearing since my second child using the baby pouch. Now we're trying to master the ring sling. Soon we'll be using the saya carrier.

So we attended the 10:30 class and met some awesome people. I finally got to meet Jenny Ong of Chronicles of a Nursing Mom, Alex Hao of The Pod, and Lyn of The Oak and Acorn. Plus I saw Jenny Tan again of Next9.

We had a blast and can't wait for the next event.




Jenny Ong of The Chronicles of A Nursing Mom

Jenny Tan of Next9

Gen and her baby, Gen is my brother's girlfriend's younger sister

Attendees of the 10:30 class


The Lady in Red is from Mamaway (sorry forgot her name)

That's Alex Hao on the bottom part talking to me.

Jenny Tan of Next9 showing a mother how to use the ring sling

Group Shot
You can also visit the Filipino Association of Babywearers on Facebook.

More power to babywearing!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you made it to the Mommy Meet Up. The lady from Mamaway is Jonie. We did not have time to talk about cloth diapering anymore! That should be a whole new meet up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would agree on having another meet-up. I had a blast and I learned a lot and I met new friends. Yay!

      Delete