My Very Vocal Girl

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

It's funny how kids can give you a perspective of things. They say things without holding back. 

For a couple of days now I keep on nagging when I'm home. I feel like nothing is done right. So I end up mad and very vocal. When I'm at work, I feel like I have nothing else to think about but the moment. The stress... I think I brought it home. In as much as I try not to involve everyone especially my kids, I think I fail in that department. 

So imagine when my 3-year-old daughter, out-of-the-blue, said, "mommy bakit lagi kang galit?". The little girl who was so alive, vibrant and always watching every move everybody makes says something like that....  It just caught me off guard.  Well as anybody would do, i just had to defend myself and say, "kasi makulit ka, hindi ka nakikinig sa akin". Bad right? In as much as I try to outdo what happened, it's done. 

A lot of mother would say they are bad in some ways, I guess we all are. I salute mothers who say they never got out of control. I, on the other hand, is only human. I do get mad, I do nag. 

Since last night I've been thinking about what my daughter said and it hit me right on the spot. Maybe I am always mad and angry. Maybe I need a little breather. So I washed the thermos, wiped the table and just basically cleaned the room (don't judge me, it was 9 in the evening and it was pouring outside. What else could I possibly do?)

And till this morning I'm still thinking about what she said and I'm still cleaning the room 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment