State of the Region Address by Director Priscilla Razon

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Today I attended the State of the Region Address by Regional Director Priscilla Razon. It was a different environment from the functions I usually attend. Maybe because it's the first time I attended such an event from the DSWD and not from the DOH. 

It was nice to see new faces in the crowd, but it was better to see familiar faces. Got to meet focal persons of the different programs. Also, it pave the way for me to understand better the different programs of DSWD and their updates. 

 


 


It started out well. I arrived just in time as she was welcoming guests. She looked very good too even at the distance where I was sitting. Then she stopped and asked her assistant to continue for her. She was exhausted. 911 was there to assess her. As I approached the stage, I could feel it was hot. Although the room was airconditioned, the spotlight made the stage hot. She said she was sick for several days now. She was having cough. Her doctor already told her to take it easy, but she wanted to deliver her SORA. We advised her not to do anything exhausting for the mean time. 

Malita got cheques for the Supplemental feeding and Social Pension Program. With me were Philippine Councilors League Federation President Marianella Malinao, Provincial Social Welfare and Development Officer for Davao del Sur Mrs. Esterlita Hermosisima and Ms. Alona Estrella-Lagat of LGU Malita. 


 


When her message was done, she managed to stand again and deliver her last few messages. Then she went on with the pictorial. I'd say she handled everything gracefully. Kudos to Director Razon. 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment