On Writing

Thursday, March 3, 2016

There are still those who ask me why I do what I do. If you're reading this, please let this be the last time you ask me about what I do. Imagine the feeling of playing basketball because that's what you like to do, or say reading a book of your favorite author, or eating your most favorite food. It's the same feeling I have when I do what I do... I love to write.

If you've been following my blog then you would probably know that my grandmother was my biggest influence. At an early age she has taught me the need to have a good penmanship. Whoever I wanted to be when I grow up, good penmanship is always important (aside from having good qualities). People will respect you more if you have good penmanship, that's what she kept telling me.

Over the years I had developed different styles of penmanship. Sometimes I find myself just making repetitive strokes of certain letters. I collected different types of pens too. A pen for a christmas present always made me giddy like a kid. And after a long day at work, I try to look for my own time to just write.





Sometimes I sketch. When I want to remember something I make sketches too.





I'm trying out different styles of writing. I'm still looking for my own style. I may adapt different styles but there will always be my own style of writing.











In the end, we do things that we love. I do not mind what other people do on their spare time, I do not stop to look at somebody's page or blog when I don't like them, I do not badmouth others to make myself feel good, nor do I care what people say about me. As what I have constantly said, we do what we can. At the end of the day, what matters is the lives we have changed. And if I have done just that, then let me basked in the quiet of the night and go on with my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment