Breastfeeding Exclusively!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Easier said than done. I had to pump every 2 hrs for 3 days or I don't remember how long just to keep up with Kate's appetite. But when her pedia asked what milk she was taking i proudly said, "Breastmilk po doc!". There. After so many months of wishing and hoping to do it exclusively, I was able to tell someone what I always wanted to say. It may not be much for some but to me, it was something very very important.

As I recently indicated, it's easier said than done. Last month, I was about to give up. I was barely making 2 oz per session and my eldest, Reese, was craving for some much needed attention. Blessing in disguise, hubby got German measles and had to stay home. So I was able to continue pumping for my ever-hungry as if deprived baby.

After all the hardwork, I'm now up to 3-5 oz per session and still doing the q 2 hrs pumping.

Knowing the benefits it would give my daughter, i'd wake up every 2 hrs just to give her the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment