Breastfeeding and Swimming Pools

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I have been breastfeeding my baby for almost 3 months now. And before I got pregnant with her, I used to swim in the pool during weekends with my toddler and my husband. But when I got pregnant, I refused to go into the water not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't find a swimsuit that would fit me. yeah I got so big. Every time I visit the lingerie section, I'd look into swimsuits. But then I'd remember I'm breastfeeding nga pala. I haven't come across any article that deals with these issues. I mean there's really no harm to it since milk would just come out off the breast. But thinking that I'd nurse my baby in wet swimsuits, doesn't seem so well to me. Thinking that my milk will get mix in the water isn't so good to me either.

So I'm gonna have to stay out of the water for a while and let hubby swim with my daughter. If hubby's not around, I've contracted the yaya to swim with her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment