The Room

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I was never a big fan of BIP (Breastfeeding in Public). But when Kate is hungry, I just had to give it to her or I'll have a fuzzy baby in my hand. I already did it in the car, at the church and yesterday afternoon, at the mall. I've brought nursing covers of different types just to cover us up. But honestly, it's really difficult. I had to have the yaya hold on to the cloth.

I've been eyeing to use the breastfeeding room near Salon de Rose (free plug)in SM. I thought to myself, "One day I'll see what's inside". With kids in tow, a plan, never will be a plan. After Kate's vaccination, I brought the kids to SM for a little bonding time with them. Went to the "Kid's Playroom". As Reese and I were trying out all the broken toys inside, Kate got hungry. Although I brought 4 bottles of breastmilk stored in a mini bag with ice, she just couldn't wait to feed. So I had to go out and feed her. When I gave her the first breast I thought she was done. But we're talking about a baby here who never seems to be full.

It was hot even though it was a mall. Then I remembered the room. I just had to go there and feed her or the yaya would forever be holding the fan. Finally, after months and months of waiting, Kate and I sat inside "the breastfeeding room" for the first time. She feed for awhile, I kept looking at the walls...the paintings... and the logbook that was in front of me (hahaha). I just had to peek inside. I signed my name and we went out. After a while, Kate slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment