Respect!

Friday, September 9, 2011

It's so amazing how people's personalities can change especially when they need something from you.
A woman came by my in-law's house looking for my husband. As some of you may know, he is in 5th yr of his training in general surgery. He does voluntary work for certain organizations.

So back to this woman. When she saw me she wasn't smiling at all. I don't know if she knew who I was but she said, "Si doctor?". So I called hubby. When she saw my husband, her smile came out. And it wasn't just a small smile. It was a big happy smile. As they were having their short conversation, I got the hint that someone she knows is one of a few who will benefit from my husband's generosity for the day.

Kaya naman pala ang laki ng ngiti!

Aren't we taught as a kid to say good morning or whatever time it is to anyone who we see? Especially when you're visiting somebody else's house?

That woman wasn't in her teens nor even in her twenties. She was in her 30's for crying out loud.
I always tell my siblings to be respectful when going into somebody else's house. I even warned them that if I hear someone tell me that they weren't respectful, I'm going to beat the crap out of them.
It doesn't only show who you are as a person but it reflects on how our parents or grandparents had taught us.

Wouldn't you agree?!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Reminds me of my DMC days.. this elderly woman was unsmiling and very rude to me while I was dressing her husband's wound. Later on she asked, "Asa man diay ang doktor diri, nganong wala pa man nag-rounds?" I told her, "Nang, ako man ang doktor sa imong bana." Her face and mood immediately brightened up after that. Haaay na lang.

    ReplyDelete