Options

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Last night, hubby and I had a deep conversation. I explained to him that I wanted to start saving up for our home. Yes we are living at my parents' house. Here's the situation, hubby is still in residency training. To those who said that being a doctor will make you rich is full of crap. His pay is not that well. Needless to say, I had to resort to some other things to make ends meet for the kids, go moonlighting, start my business and some other things. But this isn't enough for a house of our own.

I was to start my adjunctship but I cancelled because I knew that I could not give my 100% to my job, let alone wake up in the middle of the night to attend to some sick patient and being pregnant at the same time. Yes I am 21 weeks on the way and having all sorts of aches and pains that will not go away unless the baby comes out, which is another 4 months. I was planning to continue with the adjunctship later this year but now, I'm having second thoughts. I told him about it and I knew he would not be so happy since we both want to specialize in the field of our own.

As we were weighing things out, we went for the bigger picture. Sure hubby is in his last year in surgery, but there's still the diplomate exam and the subspecialty training which would make us poorer that I could imagine. We had a lot of obligations, to our kids and to ourselves. Living with my folks after marriage was never my plan.

Personally I would love to go into residency training. But looking at the kids, thinking of leaving them with the nanny and still living here with my parents, makes me wanna try harder for something else. But I'm still looking around and weighing my options. Will see...


No comments:

Post a Comment