I Wish...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

This I can honestly say with no bias or whatsoever, I like attending seminars, post-graduated courses, trainings and etc. I always say you never stop learning.

But what I hate most when I am attending any form of functions is that there is no decent breastfeeding station in the area. I have attended countless seminars in Grand Men Seng Hotel, Apo View Hotel, D'Leonor Hotel and even the DMSF training Center. They all have one thing in common, they don't have breastfeeding stations. I always do my business in the bathroom. Good thing if there are reserved rooms for the attendee, I get to pump my milk in the room but most of the time, around 99% of the time, I do it in the rest rooms.

In a time when we are trying to promote breastfeeding not only to stay-at-home moms, but also to full-time-working-moms, it is best to have a small room for us who have needs. This is my personal opinion though.

Even when falling in line at banks or groceries, they don't give special considerations to breastfeeding moms. I had to ask the guard if I could stay in the pregnant and senior citizen lane so as to hurry up, baby might wake up and feed.

The only shopping mall that I know has a breastfeeding station is SM. I have repeatedly used their stations even after the incident. I pumped my milk there a couple of times.

I have read in other blogs that some food establishments are breastfeeding friendly which is a very good thing. I have read and seen photos posted. Most of these places are in Manila area. In fact, I think all of these places are in MM. I don't see any food establishments in Davao Region who have done so. Mind you, even some hospitals don't have breastfeeding stations!

Hello PHIC and DOH! Maybe you can impose a more strict policy on this matter for these hotels and hospitals.

No comments:

Post a Comment