My Own Little Nook

Saturday, May 14, 2011

By the month of June, I might start working here in our province as a rural health physician. That means transferring most of my time from being an urban mom to a rural mom. That would also mean that I have to bring some of my stuff here in the province.

My parents’ house has three bedrooms. There’s the master’s bedroom and the kids’ (that’s us) bedrooms, which was further subdivided into male and female quarters. But over the years, as I have started a family, we can’t seem to fit in our room. I end up sleeping in my parents’ room, which is bigger than the kids’ rooms combined.

Since this is my parent’s room, my mom likes to reorganize things as she pleases. She takes out the tables and chairs and then she replaces them with another set of tables and chairs. I don’t mind. I’m used to it.
Today she decided to place one set of tables and chairs on the far side of the room. As I was watching her transferring things around, I couldn’t help but giggle inside because I was planning to put a small table for my things. And when she did set a table, I knew that this was going to be my little space. And so here it is, my own little nook.





It’s not much but it’s a space I call my own:)

No comments:

Post a Comment